|Duration – 2 Days
||Initiating Projects Effectively
Contact us for pricing and availability.
||This course is designed for:
- Newly appointed project managers
- Project managers with limited experience
- Functional managers who support project managers
- Professionals who desire a career in Project Management
||“Successful Techniques of Project
Equivalent project management knowledge and experience
||This course is divided into the
- Module 1: Project Initiation: An Overview
introduces the importance of early successes in starting
- Module 2: Getting Projects Started reviews
some of the ways projects get started on the wrong foot. This
module establishes a foundation for avoiding these pitfalls.
- Module 3: The Project Kick-Off Workshop
provides an in-depth review of one of the most successful
techniques to start a project: the Kick-Off Workshop.
This module details a step-by-step approach to conducting this
very important workshop.
- Module 4: Initiation Deliverables defines
the deliverables of the Kick-Off Workshop and reinforces the
success that must occur.
- Module 5: Managing Change: Setting Up the
Process Early addresses the one common element of every project:
Change. Techniques for handling change are
reviewed and the five elements required for every change process
||Upon completion of this course, the
student will be able to:
- Develop and link project objectives into measurable and
quantifiable deliverables of stakeholder requirements.
- Set up and conduct a planning workshop.
- Develop a project charter.
- Create a solid Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Establish and implement a project change management process.
|PMBOK Guide® Areas Covered
|This course covers the following
Project Management Knowledge Areas:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications
- Project Procurement Management